Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, solution and goal-oriented Chief Technology Officer to lead our technology team and continue to build, improve, and innovate on the applications that run our business to create the most delightful experiences for our customers. Constantly striving to ensure that our overall shopping and design service experience is the best in class.
· The leader of our technology team has proven experience building a performance driven environment that is collaborative, fun and enjoys getting into the weeds with the team to solve challenges and offer support.
· While you'll spend the majority of your time developing the team and product, our ideal candidate isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and write code, triage bug fixes.
· We are looking for a strong presence to guide our data science process. This person will collaborate on data engineering efforts to access, transform, model, and store data to be used across the company, dive into exploratory data analysis to find insights and drive strategy, and develop predictive models that directly impact customer experiences and designer workflows.
· Lead and build a high-performing technology team Recruit, hire, grow and retain amazing talent into the organization.
· You'll build a technology brand that is a talent magnet and inspires a world-class team of customer-focused engineers who use technology to enable our growing business.
· You'll grow the next set of engineering leaders to continue scaling.
· Your team members achieve more, grow more, and work alongside the most talented teammates.
· Be Responsible For Our Technology Build a reliable, scalable and highly performant technology stack using industry best practices.
· You'll ensure our architecture is flexible and scalable to allow for growth, but are capable of making trade-offs between speed and perfection.
· You'll be responsible for consistently delivering meaningful features, applications and technology solutions that solve business problems.
· You'll consistently communicate and deliver to commitments and increase the velocity of our teams by removing roadblocks.
· You'll be responsible for driving new business and growth through engineering solutions.
· You will be a key asset for the business to help us leverage our data to build tools to improve decision making across all business functions as well as implementing data products to improve our customer and designer experiences.
· You will own the research and development of data science products, implementing machine learning models to recommend products to customers and designers, predict the quality of site/app visitors, develop metrics that assess/predict designer quality, develop alerts to customer operations, amongst many other things.
· You will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams on designing and implementing machine learning models that address key business/product needs.
· You will consult all business areas on how they can leverage data science to improve their operations.
· Be a Strategic Partner You'll partner with other senior leaders across the company to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions.
· You'll build a strong long-term technology strategy that aligns with company strategic plan and influences the overall company direction.
· You'll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results. And you'll align and inspire your organization by effectively communicating and engaging the team in the strategy.
Qualifications and Skills:
· 5+ years of engineering management experience in high-growth engineering organizations.
· A Masters or PhD degree in statistics, computer science, economics, mathematics, or a related field is a plus
· A knowledge of statistical methods including machine learning and A|B testing methods
· Experience with classification, linear regression, clustering techniques
· Experience with natural language processing and feature extraction from text and images
· Experience implementing predictive models into production environments
· Worked in the consumer or e-commerce space and understand building applications and technology that delight and engage consumers and foster growth
· Proven experience building, growing, retaining and inspiring a world-class team of client-focused technologists
· Extensive experience building large-scale technology and applications that are reliable, scalable, using industry best practices
· Track record for delivery in high-growth, fast-paced environment.
· Champion and drive a culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks that are holding the team back
· Strategic partner who can translate business problems to technology solutions. Work effectively across the business to influence and create customer value/delight.
· Create a culture of self-organization, responsibility, and accountability within your teams
· founded in 2013 is a leading mid to high-end furniture and home decor e-commerce retailer.
· With data science at its core, we are a one stop tech enabled interior design and robust marketplace channel all in one, ultimately offering a full end to end solution: design, procurement, shipment, and install service experience.
· Cherished by lifestyle bloggers, design savvy decorators and consumers, our broad mix of contemporary, traditional, and classic silhouettes in aspirational collections cover categories ranging from furniture, lighting, outdoor to soft goods and baby.
· Our newly opened showroom in NYC offers a unique branded design experience where we offer interior design services as well as a chance to engage with your own dedicated Design Specialist so you can understand how to love where you live.
· Individuals working with us are highly creative, innovative, and strive for perfection
· Come join our creative team and be part of an exciting, fast-paced profitable tech / design company!