UI Engineer (React.JS or Angular.js)
For more jobs, please check out our ingenium.agency jobs page! Thanks for your time.
Our client is a renowned Technical Consulting Agency who are routinely celebrated as one of the best places to work with incredible benefits (5 weeks vacay + sick and personal days!) and European 'work to live' culture that routinely delivers best in the industry software solutions. Also, unlike a lot of consulting firms, most of their clients are in the immediate NYC vicinity and don't require Road warrior 'airline miles' accounts.
They do need 'switched on' think on your feet software engineers with a penchant for figuring out robust scalable solutions on their own, while still actively communicating and collaborating with the team.
This mid-level engineer requires the following:
Now for the technical bit and the skills we need from you…
- Strong experience with React or Angular (and maybe Node too)
- Exposure to Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development methodologies
- Responsive Web Design (desktop and mobile)
- Strong Object Oriented skills
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of computing (e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, systems infrastructure, network stack)
- Exposure to continuous integration, build tools and scripting
- Use of source code version control using tools such as Git, Subversion or Mercurial
- Experience in developing in a cross-browser environment
I think you’ll agree, we don’t ask for much, but if you have any of the following skills it would be looked upon very favourably…
- Computer Science or similar degree
- Client-facing experience
- Experience of other languages such as Java, Python, PHP or C#
- Web Server technology such as Apache and Nginx
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- User experience design and testing