Full Stack Engineer (node.JS or Go with React) - Autonomous Vehicle Co - San Fran
up to $200k + RSU
Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Our mission is to build the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in communities across the U.S. navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex problems and make a positive impact on the world. Some of the teams you could work with:
Ground Truth generates rich, semantic datasets from the raw test drives on our vehicle. This knowledge is used to create machine learning algorithms on the AV, test components of the AV software, and validate the performance of our car in a wide range of scenarios. In Ground Truth, we build data pipelines, web tools and advanced algorithms for visualization and annotation, and a comprehensive data warehouse using modern, robust technologies like Golang, React/Redux, Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL and Redis.
Mapping provides navigational knowledge and intelligence of the world to AV so as to allow it to reason and maneuver safely while driving autonomously. We build complex web tools to enable human mappers to complete 3D and 2D mapping with the aid of machine learning suggestions. These tools are for displaying data about maps, differences in maps and presenting various versions layers and transformations of our maps to other organizations. We are responsible for tooling and dashboards to shepherd maps along our mapping pipeline from raw lidar point cloud ingestion to deploying finished maps to cars.
Product team owns our autonomous ridesharing service (currently open to employees). They are responsible for dispatch, fleet management tools, mobile apps, in-car displays. When they're not nerding out on computer-human-interaction, visualizations for situational awareness, or the dimensions of passenger comfort, they are talking with their users to iteratively improve the end-to-end ridesharing experience.
Engineering Productivity creates a world-class engineering environment by building & deploying services which improve productivity, process, and culture. We're responsible for a system that can run thousands of complex simulation tests of AV behavior at scale, and defining the build, release, and update process for a safety critical system that requires rapid iteration.
Remote Assistance is like Mission Control for a Space Launch. We build the tools that allow remote operators to help Vehicles when they need assistance like tele-presence, tele-operation and remote guidance. We work on the front-end, back-end, vehicle and develop the entire experience for the remote advisers.
- Implement full-stack solutions to manage our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles through our command & control center
- Develop robust APIs for client applications and vehicle communications
- Build internal tools to manage our unique development, deployment, and testing workflows
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Python, Go, Node.js, or similar languages
- Experience building modern frontends using React, Webpack, Babel, or similar tools
- Experience working with relational databases
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience scaling back-end systems
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Experience writing modern C++ applications
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing AWS or on-premises server infrastructure
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!