Lead Mobile iOS Engineer
we are building out a software engineering team to build and extend our growing e-commerce platform. We are looking for an exceptional engineer who can help us architect and build our first custom mobile app. Not only will you be building the app, but you will also be the first mobile developer hired, and have significant influence in how we build out our mobile development team. Our current platform uses a combination of Shopify, Contentful, and custom built APIs to deliver a world-class web-based experience. We want to take those same services and use them to build a world-class mobile application. This is a greenfield project. There is no legacy code to maintain or support. Your mandate will be to help us build a scalable and maintainable app architecture. You can build the mobile stack as you see fit, except writing your build process in Haskell. LOL, no. We have limits. Does this sound interesting? Keep reading.
What you'll do:
● Work as an engineer on defining our initial application architecture.
● Work with engineering management to figure out our project timeline and initial team hiring goals.
● Work product management and design to figure out the initial features and go to market plans for our app.
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience or education.
● 3-5+ years working on mobile applications for iOS.
● Strong computer science fundamentals.
● A preference for TDD-style development over YDD (YOLO-driven development).
● Extensive experience with Swift. Objective-C experience is also a good bonus.
● Experience building adaptive user interfaces in iOS.
● Experience working with REST and GraphQL backend service layers.
● Awareness of common security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them.
● Demonstrated ability to architect scalable and maintainable applications.
Bonus points for:
● Experience with mobile test automation frameworks like Appium or EarlGrey.
● Experience working with an e-commerce framework like Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce.
● Experience setting up CI/CD build processes and pipelines.
● Experience with React Native development.
● Excellent communication skills
●Collaboration: we work in small cross-functional teams and as individual engineers. We are not afraid of challenges and working together to tackle them.
● Positive attitude: we are self-starters who love to solve problems with technologies
● A strong work ethic, integrity, and an ownership mindset