DevOps - Media Cloud
Phoenix , Arizona
DevOps - Media Engineer
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Media Engineer focused on media systems built on cloud and on-prem platforms to ensure best practices are being followed for our applications and infrastructure supporting media workflows and broadcast events such as World Cup and the Super Bowl. As a Media Engineer, you work closely with other technical teams and disciplines across the enterprise to conceptualize, build and integrate solutions and services to support the challenging real-time and data requirements of the media and broadcast business. You are a big believer in ‘Automated Everything and Everything as Code’. You have a passion for security and continuous improvement, bringing these to bear to solve operations problems. Join the team and make your mark as we build our innovative media and broadcast operations from the ground up, leveraging cutting-edge broadcast and cloud technologies!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement security and governance policies as they relate to media systems, services, and platforms
- Design and build out hybrid or cloud-native media services with a high degree of automation
- Work with teams across the organization to troubleshoot media-related issues
- Serve as point of escalation for media-related issues
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- B.S. in a related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years working with file acceleration technologies (Aspera, Signiant)
- 3 years working with cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 2 years working with container technologies (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge of APM tools (New Relic, Sysdig, AppDynamics)
- Strong knowledge with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Strong knowledge of log management tools (Splunk, Cloudwatch, Log Stash)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps principles and best practices
- Media and/or broadcast experience are a huge plus.
- strong written and in-person communication
- A self-starter attitude paired with the know-how to identify and solve problems early on
- Experience with (preferred): Jenkins or comparable deployment automation, ServiceNow or comparable ITSM solution, Configuration Management tools (Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks on tight deadline
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.