Sr. iOS Engineer (Sports Company)
Our client is seeking a senior-level software engineer to be responsible for developing production-ready software based on product specifications. This position involves a mixture of individual and collaborative work and requires both architectural and feature-specific solutions. The focus is on native iOS development for Sports products and general media platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new features consisting of medium-to-very high difficulty levels
- Architect selected product features
- Participate and/or lead in the generation of product technical specifications
- Perform iterative testing and improvement cycles for optimal code and user experience
- Maintain and improve existing products incorporating analysis and feedback
- Participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Stay current on software development practices and the technology industry
- Stay current on sports and entertainment products, topics and trends
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or similar.
- 7+ years of full-time software development experience.
- 3+ years of full-time Swift, objective-C or related development experience.
- Strong understanding of native iOS frameworks, API and UI/UX best practices.
- Contributed to publication of one or more apps.
- Experience with source control, managed releases and CI/CD pipelines.
- Contributes clean, optimized, documented and well-tested code.
- Take great pride in his/her work and is excited to show it off to friends and is passionate about building exquisite user interfaces.
- Analyze a problem and think through potential solutions before writing a line of code; enjoy writing software, talking about software and using software on all platforms and devices.
- Always looking to improve, learn from and share knowledge with his/her peers; flexible and open to feedback.
- Think through project scope and provide accurate time estimates.
- Consistently meet deadlines, anticipate issues, and raise concerns early.
- Solve problems without being asked.
- Enjoy working with others.
- Experience leveraging high-performance, scalable backend systems.
- Knowledge of caching strategies.
- Experience with REST/JSON and API development.
- Understanding of cross-platform design principles.
- Familiarity with Git.