Sr Python Engineer for Century City CA. Location Fulltime
SR Python Developer
7+ years of experience with software engineering projects
3+ years of hands-on experience with setting up and running AWS Production environments
2+ years of experience building end to end products using Serverless Architectures (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, GraphQL, Kinesis, etc.)
Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology using Agile ScrumKanban etc requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
AWS Certification is a plus.
Experience with Node.js is a plus
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Experience with container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes is a plus but not required
5+ years of experience with designing service oriented and micro-services based application architecture and development practices such as Continuous integration, Continuous deployment Required Skills
Little more robust:
• Delivering solutions into production (working through operations teams).
• Full responsibility for quality of code the team is responsible
• Responsible for architectural decisions with consultation from other members of engineering leadership
• Daily coordination of development activities with Product and Project Managers and other Lead Developers.
• Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s software development process and ensuring your team’s compliance with those processes.
• Designing and developing new features based on product specifications.
• Troubleshooting production issues and providing configuration or coding changes to fix them.
• Refactoring existing code to improve efficiency, extensibility, and maintainability.
• Identifying and evaluating new techniques, tools, and technologies to expand the team’s
• Reviewing test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts created by QA team members.
• Participate in the development and evangelization of the Python coding standards within the organization.
• Works with Technical Project Management to create and maintain the prioritized backlog and schedule for the team.
• Demonstrates an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in software development, focusing on the use of Python
• 3+ years working within Amazon Web Services systems for development and production applications, with an emphasis on automated build and deployment, high availability, and scale
• Deep understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery Tools such as CodePipeline or Jenkins
• Proficient with Jira, Confluence, and git toolset
• Professional experience with at least one Python framework (e.g. Django, Flask, Pyramid, etc.)
• Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies (particularly Agile). Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum & Waterfall process environments
• Excellent communication skills
• Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently
Resumes sent to: email@example.com