Android Engineer (Sports Company)
Our client is seeking a senior-level software engineer to be responsible for developing production-ready software based on product specifications. This position involves a mixture of individual and collaborative work and requires both architectural and feature-specific solutions. The focus is on native Android development for Sports products and general media platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new features consisting of medium-to-very high difficulty levels.
- Architect selected product features.
- Participate and/or lead in the generation of product technical specifications.
- Perform iterative testing and improvement cycles for optimal code and user experience.
- Maintain and improve existing products incorporating analysis and feedback.
- Participate in product brainstorming sessions.
- Stay current on software development practices and the technology industry.
- Stay current on sports and entertainment products, topics and trends.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or similar.
- 4+ years of full-time software development experience.
- 2+ years of full-time Kotlin, Java or related development experience.
- Strong understanding of native Android frameworks, API and UI/UX best practices.
- Contributed to publication of one or more apps.
- Experience with source control, managed releases and CI/CD pipelines.
- Contribute clean, optimized, documented and well-tested code.
- Take great pride in his/her work and is excited to show it off to friends; enjoy working with others; flexible and open to feedback.
- Passionate about building exquisite user interfaces.
- Analyze a problem and think through potential solutions before writing a line of code.
- Always looking to improve, learn from and share knowledge with his/her peers.
- Think through project scope and provides accurate time estimates.
- Consistently meet deadlines, anticipate issues, and raise concerns early
- Solve problems without being asked.
- Enjoy writing software, talking about software and using software on all platforms and devices
- Experience leveraging high-performance, scalable backend systems.
- Knowledge of caching strategies.
- Experience with REST/JSON and API development.
- Understanding of cross-platform design principles.
- Familiarity with Git.