Associate Product Manager - OTT
Los Angeles , California
Associate Product Manager
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: News, Sports, the Network, and the Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Consumer Products & Engineering (CPE) team is looking for a skilled and motivated Product Manager for OTT platforms (Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, etc.) to join our rapidly growing team. You will help shape and execute the product roadmap in collaboration with the designers and engineers and be contributing. The right candidate must be a self-motivated, team player partnering with various product managers and development teams across the organization to contribute to the overall business objectives of the organization.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with engineering managers for sprint planning and manage expectations with other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Be the subject matter expert on the OTT platform (Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, etc.), and push our thinking forward about user experience strategies
- At a feature level, act as a liaison between networks such as FBC, Fox Sports, and Fox News and platform partners to gather requirements to feed into the overall roadmap
- Collaborate with engineering, design and other product managers to improve the user experience across TVE and D2C apps
- Prioritize requests and ideas, and ship experiments in partnership with our growth and data science team to test hypotheses designed to improve our ability to get users engaged with the content on OTT devices and other platforms.
- Deeply understand the technology behind our streaming platform, and become an expert in what technology and approaches are used in the market
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-2+ years experience in product management
- Experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies
- Some experience working on consumer facing products
- An Analytical product manager, but keen on developing human-centered experiences and have strong product instincts, and understanding of data.
- Ability to communicate well, in both small and large groups
- Comfortable with giving and receiving candid feedback
- Willingness to learn technology concepts with technical team members
- A love of documentation, details, and diving head-first into solving our business user problems