Director of Development (editorial/CMS)
Director - Development
Our Consumer Platforms & Engineering team is dedicated to building best in class services to support the key digital initiatives for our partners. Our premiere platform is the digital foundation of all our brands and their consumer facing Web/Mobile/OTT properties. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow, and achieve our goals. Joining us is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
About the Role:
Our team is looking for an experienced Director of Development, with strong leadership and technical skills, to oversee aspects of our Content Management services and development teams. With a focus on engineering practices and team building, you will drive our technology forward with a constant eye on improvement of delivery of our digital platforms.
This role will oversee all aspects of our day to day development practices - collaborating with our product team to continue to expand upon our service capabilities with an eye on where to drive our technology next. You will be a key stakeholder in how our products evolve, and will guide a development team in every phase of execution, from inception through design through implementation.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
● Design and architect new solutions for a core content management system utilized by editorial teams throughout our organization
● Implement integrations with our client teams which serve hundreds of millions of unique users across all our digital properties
● Lead team practices like code review, analysis of features, and evaluation of product needs to determine best approach
● Ensure team is clear on approach, removing roadblocks and ensuring a consistent cadence for predictable outcomes
● Participate in systems design with our Architects, Devop Engineers, and System Administrators
● Establish goals, analyze and evaluate risks, and outline roadmap for development work
● Provide team with tools and insights to approach work at a sustainable pace
● Collaborate with all aspects of our engineering team to improve processes and iterations of deliverable value to our stakeholders throughout the organization
● Mentor development teams in best practices, assisting and guiding their personal development
What you will need:
● Experience managing highly performant Agile teams
● Expertise in Object-Oriented Programming, with a focus on reusable design patterns
● Experience with editorial systems like WordPress, with background in development of editorial UX and custom plugins.
● Background in Continuous Delivery & Continuous Integration processes
● Experience implementing enterprise scale services in cloud providers like AWS
● History of executing large enterprise scale product delivery, especially with tasks requiring coordination across multiple engineering teams
● Excellent communication skills, especially in outlining technical requirements and documentation for a development team
About the technologies we use:
● AWS: Lambda, RDS, OpenSearch Service, Elasticache, S3, SQS, SNS, EC2
● Node, Typescript, PHP7
● Vue.js, CKEditor
● MySQL, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch