Head of Product Design - $700k total comp
$220k + bonus + RSU's
Head of Product Design
As the Head of Product Design, you’ll lead a customer centric product design team that connects millions of shoppers with unique handcrafted and vintage goods and the makers who sell them from around the world. In this role, you will be charged with guiding, teaching and coaching our product delivery teams to infuse our mission into every customer touchpoint possible.
If that sounds like something you’d be good at, read on.
In this rare opportunity, as the Head of Product Design you will define and own the product design vision and practice for a one-of-a-kind marketplace that connects over 39 million global shoppers with over 2 million creative entrepreneurs across the globe.
Reporting to the SVP of Product, the Head of Product Design will be responsible for bringing forward-thinking design leadership to our consumer-focused products. You will use your influence and expertise to create the conditions for appealing and compelling design that makes customers fall in love with our platform, or products and our brand. You'll ensure the team has the vision, focus, metrics, processes, and space to execute high-impact work that breathes life into our incredible brand at every customer touchpoint within our vast product portfolio.
This position is a member of the company’s senior management team and will play a central role in making design a competency that drives transformative business capabilities. Through curious and artful design practices, we endeavour to make our product design a main point of difference for our global customer base.
This position is based in Brooklyn, NY but will work with global and remote teams.
Our cross-disciplinary product design team consists of 30+ amazing product designers. You'll join them and a group of creative leaders across the company to champion a design culture that puts our customers at its center while bringing our global brand to life in all of our products.
About this role
· Oversight of product design vision and strategy for our buyers and sellers across our entire marketplace
· Recruit, develop, and lead our growing team to meet our evolving customer and business needs
· Oversee initiatives that originate within product design while leading cross functional teams to deliver outstanding user experiences across touchpoints
· Champion design thinking and lean UX at every level in the product organization and the wider design community
· Practice mindful and effective creative leadership both upward, downward, and outward
This Role Might Be Right For You if You:
· Have a track record of leading product design teams that have transformed businesses through impactful product design work
· Have a customer-centric mindset, demonstrating a high degree of empathy and curiosity about human behavior, backed by UX research
· Have a proven ability to translate business goals into an executable and digestible product design strategy
· Are a powerful storyteller with a bias toward action and an ability to incorporate data and research into your design practice and philosophy
· Have a portfolio that demonstrates a forward-looking approach to designing for a consumer-facing ecommerce brand
· Are passionate about design and UX community building, both inside your organization and beyond
· Are capable of leading cross-functional collaboration efforts that strive to build the best customer experience possible
· Have experience in building and evolving a digital-first, global brand
· Are dedicated to fostering and nurturing a design culture that attracts and retains top talent