Lead Software Engineer NodeJS
Do you like building scalable, real-time, resilient applications in the cloud computing environment? Our Technology team is modernizing and enhancing the Identity platform for B2B products like Factiva NewsPlus, R&C, and Consumer products like WSJ, Barron’s, MarketWatch and we are looking for a Lead Software engineer with a passion for building cutting edge mission-critical software solutions.
You will need to bring keen analytical skills and a passion for creative problem-solving. We are looking for engineers who are unafraid of learning new technologies. You will report to the Engineering team that works towards Identity solutions for all of the Consumer and Professional Business product lines within our company.
- We are looking for creative and passionate, self-driven engineers who want to be hands-on – designing, implementing, and owning code all the way through deployment.
- You will focus on identity and access management for Dow Jones products and you will build features that the products rely on for authentication and authorization.
- Product security is a high priority for all Dow Jones products, so knowledge of security principles is highly desired. You will also proactively work with the Security team to address any security vulnerabilities uncovered via our penetration testing.
- You will be required to integrate your work into our automated CI/CD pipeline and measure test coverage. You will be following all the standards processes of SDLC and our test automation framework.
- You will be developing & supporting ReSTful APIs & platform infrastructure frameworks while adhering to our SDLC best practices and guidelines
- You will be working in a team setting, practice agile software development
- You will build and execute rigorous load, stress, and performance tests prior to deploying software you will be expected to participate in technical discussions about technology, infrastructure and consider the pros and cons of a technology choice based on business value, scalability, maintainability, and project delivery performance.
- You will be expected to maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and tools in the industry.
- Excellent verbal & written skills to interact, build and maintain effective relationships with peers. This also includes communication channels like email, chat, scrum boards, wiki pages, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and programming skills, with responsibility and care for the details
- Ability to identify and isolate problem areas within the entire application flow and to investigate the root cause and implement solutions. Need to get a clear understanding of the requirements and work with the business to implement the best possible solutions.
- Self-organized, working well independently and in a geographically diverse team environment in a collaborative fashion.
- An initiative person with a positive mindset, creative thinking, adaptive to workflow changes, and strive to keep his/her expertise up-to-date
- Ability to design a good architecture for a new project as well as migration of legacy projects to the new architecture. Produce and maintain proper documentation.
- Ability to identify tech debts and code smells while working on a project and to take steps to reduce them.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming concepts
- Experience in Node.JS programming skills (2 years+)
- Understanding of oAuth 2.0, OpenId Connect, SAML specifications
- Excellent verbal & written skills to interact with peers and stakeholders
- Experience with Git, Jenkins
- Experience in implementing ReSTful APIs following JSON API standards
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, and Aurora offerings of AWS.
- Experience writing unit, functional, performance, soak and stress tests and experience writing unit tests using NUnit, Mocha, Karma.JS.
- Experience working with Docker or other container technologies.
- Write efficient code based on feature specifications.
- Experience in logging, monitoring & alerting applications
- Experience in Continuous Integration & Delivery of applications is a bonus
- Experience with designing and deploying applications in cloud-based environments is a bonus
Desired Skills/Experience (would be a plus):
- Experience with microservices technologies, methodologies, and workflows including spinnaker, istio, Grafana, Prometheus.
- Experience writing functional, performance, soak and stress tests.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development, cucumber, and gherkin.
- Experience developing secure applications (OWASP Top 10)
- Experience with encryption and compression techniques
- Experience in Linux environment and shell scripting.