Our platform helps thousands of residential and commercial customers earn (and save) money and reduce their carbon footprint. As a part of the small but growing Logical Buildings team, you will be an important part of shaping our technology and culture.
We have two main products: SmartKit AI and GridRewards.
GridRewards is a CES award-winning app which allows individuals to:
- Get paid by utility companies to reduce their energy usage during key hours of the summer.
- Track their historical energy consumption, cost and carbon footprint.
- Get personalized energy-saving tips.
- Use near-real-time energy data to reduce their bill.
- Track the real-time carbon footprint of their energy usage.
SmartKit AI is a web dashboard and mobile app that allows building owners and management teams to save money on the energy use of large residential (e.g. apartment), commercial, and industrial buildings. We install IoT sensors that help us optimize and manage energy loads, as well as provide real-time insight into building system performance.
As part of the backend team, your work will primarily focus on API development, but we also have projects in other areas, like DevOps and machine learning.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions built on our stack, which consists (mainly) of Python, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, and Kubernetes, running on Google Cloud.
- Collaborate with front-end and mobile development teams to ensure that solutions meet user and product needs.
- Maintain ownership of code you've written as our platform evolves.
- You have experience working with some or all of the technologies in our stack, or analogous ones.
- You are excited to learn new technologies and skills, and are not afraid of the phrase “I don’t know”.
- You consistently ship high-quality features on time. Our team prioritizes shipping pragmatic, reliable code rather than delaying for theoretical perfection.
- You’ve completed the full product lifecycle, from initial design through shipping and maintenance.
- You can manage your own projects, and are excited about the idea of generating new product ideas.
- You enjoy being a mindful, transparent, and communicative member of the team.
- resumes sent to: email@example.com
- We are interested in practical, real-world solutions to climate change and improving people’s lives.
- We believe that fostering a happy, productive work environment is an ongoing task - reassessing and redefining how we work together is an integral part of our process.
- We expect the entire team to be user-focused, and aware of where our technical implementations affect the user experience.
- Our team is currently 100% remote.
- If you want to join us in person once it's safe to do so again, our office is located in New York City’s Financial District.
- If you want to be 100% remote indefinitely, that's also great!
- We understand that the 9-5 schedule doesn't work for everyone. While we aim for overlapping work hours, many of us are parents or caregivers of some type, and, as a company, we believe one of the keys to having happy, loyal employees is empowering them to work on their own schedules.
- We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce makes us a stronger company. We are actively searching for people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Logical Buildings is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.