Senior Developer - Equities Global Market.
General within Team:
• Development of the Global Market Data platform to meet the requirements of the Global Equities business.
• Support for deployed market data systems in conjunction with Equities Production Support teams.
• Implementation and enhancement of new/altered systems.
• Working with a business group who are committed to technology and receiving low latency market data.
Specific to role.
• Design and development of the Global Market Data platform in EMEA.
• Design and development of system functionality.
• Coordination of Exchange mandatory changes as they pertain to the Global Market Data platform.
• Application functionality improvements were driven primarily by the Electronic Trading Desk.
• Support for existing Market Data applications and clients.
• Global Market Data Team
• Electronic Trading Business
• Equities Business Management
• Other Equities Technology development teams
• Technology Infrastructure Teams.
• Feed Handler Vendors i.e. VELA, Exegy, etc.
• Exchanges / Alternative Trading Venues
On-going development of new functionality for the Global Market Data platform. The Global Market Data platform is evolving rapidly, offering many opportunities to exercise and improve technical skills in the area of low latency. The role also offers the opportunity to learn the Equity Trading business.
• Good working knowledge of C++ or Java. Also, Perl/Shell Scripting.
• Working experience in Microservices architecture is a big plus.
• Knowledge and experience in building ultra-low latency market data platforms will be a big plus.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines as part of a team.
• Ability to work with floor traders, production support, and others in diagnosing and troubleshooting real-world issues.
• Candidate must be able to work effectively as part of a larger team and be able to communicate at an appropriate level depending on the types of people involved.
• Good understanding of Network Protocols – Multicast/TCP/IP.
• Low Latency Market Data Skills – VELA or any other low-latency platform.
• Experience of algorithmic trading and electronic trading business or technology would be beneficial, but not essential.
• Experience of working in the finance industry would be beneficial but not essential.
• Sound programming approach with unit test testing, code reviews, and following agile methodology.
• Red Hat Linux OS Tuning
• Informatica/29West LBM or Ultra Messaging.
• JIRA, Confluence, GIT, uDeploy all beneficial to know.
• Low latency, network concurrency, multicast, and server configuration knowledge are additional useful skills. Including configuration of 10GB Network Interfaces such as SolarFlare using OnLoad.
• Knowledge of Equities products (stock, futures, options, swaps, etc) would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of developing database code and processes in KDB.