Senior Fullstack Engineer
We are looking for full-stack developers to help build and take ownership of new features and projects as we continue to grow.
Who You Are:
• Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end.
• Take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
• You don’t stop writing code when it works, but instead, ask yourself what you can do to make it more maintainable and readable.
• You genuinely enjoy thinking through problems and figuring out solutions (even if you don’t know the answers at first).
• You see problems as opportunities.
• Must have a self-starter mentality and willingness to dig deep into the code.
• 4+ years experience in software development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create fast and efficient search experiences by integrating public domain datasets into the search platform using our EMR/Spark and ElasticSearch ETL framework.
• Collaborate on designing and developing features to both integrate and highlight the usefulness of various datasets.
• Critically examine and work with various external enterprise search APIs to ingest and enrich clients’ search experience.
• Communicate directly with clients on requirements, progress, and setting expectations.
• Dig into bug fixes and writing of regression and unit tests.
• Strongly skilled in Python.
• Demonstrated ability to break down large projects into smaller pieces that add value incrementally, and make tradeoff decisions about effort vs scope.
• Ability to own your work and adopt an outcomes-based approach, in a fast-paced environment of quickly evolving requirements.
Nice to Have/Interested in Learning:
• Comfortable working with Docker and in a Linux environment
• Experience with ElasticSearch – a very strong plus
• Experience with Elastic Map Reduce or Spark is a plus
• Experience with SQL and an ORM (e.g. sqlalchemy)
• Knowledge of networking, especially AWS services and infrastructure is a plus
What we offer:
• Salary between $125,000 - $170,000
• Equity options between 0.25% - 0.5%
• Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Commuter benefit)
• 401(k) and matching
• Equity in the company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off
• Flexible Work Environment