Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Senior Software Engineer
We're an end-to-end marketing technology company that has built a first-of-its-kind data activation and customer acquisition platform that provides brands and retailers the ability to manage, enrich and activate all of their customer data in order to increase awareness, traffic, and ultimately sales.
We partner with many of the leading brands, retailers, and advertisers across Direct-to-Consumer Cannabis, Healthcare, and their adjacent industries. Our success is driving organic growth and we are looking for innovative, action-oriented professionals with the desire and initiative to make a major impact on the business. The work environment is collaborative, fast-paced, and team-driven. We're profitable, well funded, and opportunities for growth are significant as the team is expected to grow 100% in 2021 alone, with no sign of slowing down.
The Senior Software Engineer we seek will bring full-stack expertise with the ability to take lead on front-end development, play an integral part in delivering features through collaboration with key stakeholders, act as a key contributor to shaping architecture and infrastructure, and ensure coding best practices. In return, we offer an opportunity to enhance your technical expertise through collaboration and exposure to interesting challenges, tremendous growth potential as you join a team that is experiencing sustained growth, an incredibly competitive compensation program with equity and exceptional health/well-being benefits, true work-life balance, and a chance to have fun doing meaningful, relevant work.
About the role:
- Work closely with the Product team to deliver core features in high-quality code and best practices
- Enforce strong coding best practices, guidelines, and standards throughout the team.
- Ensure that all code is clearly tested from end to end
- Flexibility and comfort across all stacks should allow you to help solve issues at all levels, including code modularity and re-use
- Work comfortably across multiple levels of the Development stack
- Foster a collaborative environment and be a good role model within the team
- Ability to ship high quality, well-tested code
- Strong technical understanding of the core systems and services that power a best-in-class consumer experience
- Excel at identifying impactful and innovative solutions to complex problems and can effortlessly communicate your thinking to a range of stakeholders - from engineering to non-technical executives
- Highly proficient with React, Node, and Java/Scala, or similar programming languages
- Curious, humble, experimental, and willing to try, fail, learn & try again
- Effectively manage a varying set of stakeholders to keep teams aligned and deliver projects in a timely manner
- Highly analytical - ask the right questions to uncover actionable insights
- At least 4+ years of professional software development experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related program, MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering preferred
- Experience working with Spark, Kafka, React, Kubernetes, Temporal/Cadence, etc
- Familiarity with computer science fundamentals (e.g., data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs, and micro-services
- Knowledge of relational databases and different Datalake solutions
- Understanding of Advertising and eCommerce systems
- Understanding of Real-time Distributed Computing systems, Container orchestration /management, CI/CD, and experience with cloud infrastructure platforms
- Has worked in the Agile Framework (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Has a good understanding of operational issues, load balancing, cost, performance, etc.
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, health, medical and dental benefits, snacks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun, hosting office lunches, offsite team outings, and are currently planning our inaugural annual company retreat.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.