Sr. Data Scientist - Shuttle-sharing app Unicorn - NYC
Sr. Data Scientist
As Data Scientist, you’ll utilize advanced quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation for Via, and work closely with our senior management to help drive decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
- Obsessed with data; analytical and rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing and editing skills.
- Passionate about elegant visualization; you understand the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, and marketing
- Have a Masters Degree or PhD from a top-tier university (statistics, machine learning, physics, math, systems biology, or highly quantitative fields in social sciences), including 2+ years of graduate-level research experience (or the equivalent)
- Have experience with predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.