Sr. Product Manager (Fintech)
We are the industry’s leading fintech financial services firm on a mission to disrupt B2B institutional finance. Leveraging our fundamental benefit of having a financial services firm alongside a fintech, we act as both an active participant in the world’s financial markets and sponsor of innovative fintechs as part of our Technology Ventures.
We are looking for high-potential, highly motivated, and accomplished Product Manager candidates seeking to challenge themselves further in their career by learning and doing across a broad spectrum of businesses while contributing to the growth of the finance industry’s leading fintech. The successful candidate will join our Product & Strategy team as a Product Manager working side-by-side with the firm’s engineering, quant research data science and finance areas while collaborating with the firm's leadership in contributing to the strategic development of our fintech. This includes but is not limited to research, analysis and delivery of products and projects directly related to the firm’s growth -- including organic business development, targeted acquisitions, strategic investments and assisting in the sponsorship and development of fintech’s via the firm’s Technology Ventures’ business.
The successful candidate must have good product development experience alongside a working knowledge of institutional finance, markets and the financial services industry. Experience in a fintech startup is a plus.
One of the reasons we can bring innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the innovative and collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our product management team works closely with creative, prolific engineers and financial experts to help design and develop technologies that revolutionize institutional investing. You’d be responsible for guiding products from product research through product delivery, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where we do business. The successful candidate will be involved in developing solutions for both the financial services and fintech businesses of the firm. Hence, it is essential for the individual to understand both finance and technology.
● Identify market opportunities within the finance industry, define product vision & strategy.
● Own the full product development lifecycle, from initial strategy, ongoing management to client implementation.
● Understand client needs and gather product requirements. Be able to create BI/client data KPI’s to help demonstrate the value of data/technology to their business.
● Understand processes of regulated institutional finance firms, particularly broker dealers, investment banks, asset managers and hedge funds, (e.g. trading & sales, securities lending, collateral & margin reporting, client onboarding, etc.).
● Drive projects in an agile and fast-paced environment. Ability to stay flexible and adaptable in a startup environment as business strategy and processes change.
● Apply a data-driven approach to evaluating and determining product strategies.
● Create and manage strategic product roadmaps and participate in corporate strategy sessions with senior leadership.
● Complete financial analysis for various business and product opportunities, including modeling for client pricing and business valuation.
● Engage and work closely with trading, sales, banking, engineering, quant research, and data science areas while frequently collaborating directly with the firm's leadership.
● Work with internal stakeholders and external clients to drive change and adoption of new innovative technology.
● 5-8 years of relevant experience.
● Entrepreneurial and creative spirit with the willingness to learn and lend your expertise where needed.
● Fintech or equivalent experience working with engineers using modern agile methods, particularly in the development of fintech products.
● Strong capabilities in analyzing large finance market related data (e.g. trading, sales, brokerage and treasury activity), creating BI tooling and metrics.
● Experience with financial products across multiple asset classes, such as equities and fixed income products.
● Experience analyzing & improving data and tools for financial markets and market data.
● Demonstrated history of delivering standardizations to develop scalable products.
● Strong ability to lead client engagements with financial institutional clients, drive revenue and manage and control scope and prioritization of client customization requests.
● Demonstrates strong business analyst skills, delivering key requirements, managing timelines and communicating with senior leadership.
● Ability to operate in a startup environment, showing experience of adapting with changing business situations, particularly within the fintech industry.
● Experience building new technology products for regulated institutional financial firms, particularly broker dealers, investment banks, asset managers and hedge funds (e.g. trading & sales, securities lending, collateral & margin reporting, client onboarding, etc.).
● Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas of institutional finance such as product strategy and management, including engineering, User Interface (UI) development, sales, and client support.
● Strong organizational skills, good communications skills, and attention to detail.
● High levels of judgment and ethics required,
● CFA, SIE (Securities Industry Essentials Exam), Series 7 or equivalents.