Sr. Product Strategist
We are looking for high-potential, highly motivated, and accomplished candidates seeking to challenge themselves further in their career by learning and doing across a broad spectrum of businesses while contributing to the growth of the finance industry’s leading fintech disrupting B2B institutional finance.
The successful candidate will join our Product & Strategy team as a Product Strategist. They will work side-by-side the firm’s trading, sales, banking, engineering, quant research, and data science areas while frequently collaborating directly with the firm's leadership in contributing to the strategic development of the firm. This includes but is not limited to research, analysis and delivery of products and projects directly related to the firm’s growth -- including organic business development, targeted acquisitions, strategic investments and assisting in the sponsorship and development of fintech’s through the firm’s Technology Ventures business.
The successful candidate must have good working knowledge of institutional finance, markets and the financial services industry. Experience in fintech startups is a plus.
The product strategy team works closely with creative and prolific engineers and financial experts to help design and develop technologies that revolutionize institutional investing & banking. The team is responsible for guiding product and business development end-to-end from strategy to execution, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to the markets we do business. As a Product Strategist, you would be significantly involved in both the financial services aspects of the firm as well as the ideation, incubation and development of the firm’s fintechs. It is essential for the individual to understand both the technology and finance aspects of the business and be able to develop products that serve the needs of both our finance business and our Technology Ventures business.
The successful candidate will work across multiple technology initiatives identifying business needs, establishing product strategy and roadmaps, driving product development, increasing client adoption, measuring product impact and leading the development team to deliver a high quality platform to support the needs of financial service businesses.
● Work with internal and external clients to drive change and adoption of new innovative technology.
● Own the full product development lifecycle, from initial strategy, ongoing management to client implementation.
● Identify market opportunities within the finance industry and define product vision and strategy.
● Leverage internal expertise to create product strategy & iterate with business stakeholders to drive adoption.
● Leverage external expertise and conduct research on external fintechs that may be of interest to use in our financial services business with the potential to buy, invest or strategically partner.
● Understand participants & processes of regulated, institutional finance firms across multiple markets.
● Manage projects in a fast paced environment. Have the ability to stay flexible and adaptable in a startup environment as business strategy and processes change.
● Take a data-driven approach to evaluating and deciding on product strategies, including doing broader market research and competitive landscape analysis. Create and manage strategic product roadmaps and participate in corporate strategy sessions.
● Complete research & analysis for various business and product opportunities, including modeling for client pricing and business valuation.
● Engage and work closely with trading, sales, banking, engineering, quant research, and data science areas while frequently collaborating directly with the firm's leadership to help determine business opportunities and deliver products.
● 5-8 Years of relevant experience
● Entrepreneurial and creative spirit with the willingness to learn and lend your expertise where needed.
● Experience & exposure to B2B institutional financial markets with broad understanding of key players and processes.
● Familiarity with financial market data and their use by investment professionals.
● Ability to work with & analyze large data sets.
● Strong ability to lead customer engagements with financial institutional clients, drive revenue and manage and control scope and prioritization of client customization requests.
● Demonstrate strong product & project management skills, delivering key requirements, managing timelines and communicating with stakeholder and senior management.
● Ability to operate in a startup environment, showing experience of adapting with changing business situations.
● Strong organizational skills, good communications skills and attention to detail.
● High levels of judgment and ethics required.
● CFA, SIE (Securities Industry Essentials Exam), Series 7 or equivalents.
● Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas of institutional finance such as product strategy and management, including engineering, User Interface (UI) development, sales, and client support.
● Fintech or equivalent experience working with engineers, particularly in the development of fintech products.