Are you passionate about building systems that are architecturally sound? Are you always looking for ways of doing things more efficiently for business by utilizing appropriate technical solutions? Are you someone who can translate complex design principals in simple analogies to get buy ins from technical and non-technical stakeholders? If you said yes to these questions, we would encourage you to apply for this role.
Engineering Lead role will be part of the newly created Engineering stream within Prime & Clearing Technology. The engineering lead will be vertically aligned with one of the line of business within Prime & Clearing and will be horizontally aligned with global Prime & Clearing Engineering organization with other similar leads. The goal of this organization is to align the department with ICG Engineering organization and to help the application development teams build systems that focus on reuse, resiliency, observability and maintain data integrity as information crosses various system boundaries.
The Engineering lead is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas within Prime & Clearing Technology. They will be responsible for one of the line of business, work with development managers and leads in that functional area and ensure common solutions and strategic architecture is consistently implemented across Prime & Clearing & Equities org and broader markets technology. The role requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Will be accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. This is an individual contributor role which means they will not have direct reports or team responsibility however they are expected to work closely with other development teams and use influence to prioritize development.
- Develops the architectural strategy by partnering with development leads and identify opportunities for reuse across ICG.
- Develops and recommends solutions that conform to enterprise standards.
- Develops technological and business application portfolio road maps, based on emerging technologies and market trends/direction.
- Supports the business/clients in evaluating and articulating the technical benefits of a solution to stakeholders.
- Analyzes and evaluates strategic technologies offered by vendors.
- Exhibits sound understanding of theories and practices in architecture and multiple related areas.
- Has in depth understanding of how architecture integrates within technology and has commercial awareness.
- Requires evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated or novel situations; uses multiple sources of information.
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate and negotiate with external parties.
- Able to write code to create prototypes or to evaluate a technology.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Hands on experience of building & deploying cloud native solutions using containers / docker
- Expertise in JAVA/Kotlin/Go , Angular/React, Redis/Ignite/Couchbase, Kafka/Solace/Tibco
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Excellent negotiation, issue management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop working relationships beyond immediate organization
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org