UX Research Manager
UX Research Manager
About the Position
We are the leading provider of speech-to-text solutions servicing multinational media companies, educational institutions, and the most discerning and innovative tech startups. We lead the market in human-provided transcription and captioning, while providing the world's most accurate AI-powered automated speech recognition (ASR) and natural language processing (NLP) services. With these offerings, we are transforming the world’s spoken words into insights at a global scale, powering media titans like CBS, ESPN, & Spotify, educational institutions like Stanford, Yale, & Duke, and technology leaders Loom, Descript, HireVue, Axon.
We seek a UX Research Manager reporting directly to the VP of Product. In this role the User Research Manager will be responsible for understanding not just the execution side of research, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of our products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
The User Research Manager will have 2 researchers reporting to them and will be expected to mentor them whilst growing the team's scope to elevate Rev user research to world class.
Customer empathy is core to the success of this role. You will be researching business problems, solutions & capabilities that our customers & prospects need to meet their – you should feel at home digging for pain paints in interviews with customers & prospects and be opinionated around what good User research looks like.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to have a real impact and influence an organization on the value of User Research.
- 5 years of work experience in an applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- 2 years of experience managing UX research teams
- Collect and analyze user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys. It is critical you have an understanding of mixed method approaches as part of this work.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research. Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Manage a team of User Experience Researchers.
- Foster Rev’s culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Demonstrated SaaS B2B research experience
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Life with us
We are a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
The suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, we raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.